Sunday 18 July 2004

Mugshot

I am not a vain man, but I was rather disappointed to find that very few visitors to OMF were sufficiently curious to go to my Blogger profile in order to see what I and my friend Thatcher look like. This is particularly hurtful because I went to a great deal of trouble with the photo shoot: it was done under very difficult circumstances (the House was debating the Fox-hunting Bill at the time), and the plethoric make-up took hours to apply.

So in a fit of pique I have removed it from my profile and reproduce it here


American readers who are not familiar with the name Thatcher will find a full explanation here.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very flattering shot of a Thatcher on that link. Looks much cuddlier than usual. There would seem to be no truth at all in the hurtful rumours that she has now COMPLETELY LOST IT.

Anonymous said...

I would have preferred to see you on Morning Cloud in full sail

PV

Tony said...

Yes, indeed, PV. I'll try to dig out for you a nice snap Keith Joseph took as we thrashed up the Solent on a blustery day in 1972, with dear old Reggie Maudling at the tiller and me at the 'midships organ belting out Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. Ah, those were the days!

Tony said...

Grumio: But that's only one for every 100 hits!
I tried to fix the Full View so that it came out SMALLER than the original, but couldn't manage it.

Tony said...

Anonymous commenters should put a name at the end of their comment, even if it's a false one, otherwise I wouldn't know if it's from my Auntie Alice and I might reply inappropriately. Easily offended, my Auntie Alice is.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your care and concern, dear nephew.

AA

Tony said...

Oh my God, that's really given me the cauld grue. Auntie Alice died in 1970.

Anonymous said...

"KAHULUI, Maui — Auntie Alice Kuloloio, a revered kupuna and healer who spent much of her later years engaged in Native Hawaiian activism, died Tuesday morning at her Kahului home. She was 88."

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2003/Jul/24/ln/ln52a.html

PV

Tony said...

Worse and worse! Now there are two of them after me, both dead, and one's a Kupuna! What am I to do?

Anonymous said...

Get in your canoe and paddle like fury???

PV